If you’re having problems printing our printables, here are some tips and solutions to help you and to ensure that your printed materials look their best. Use the Table of Contents to navigate.
Printing Issues You Need Help With
Issue: Being asked a password
You actually don’t need a password to open, save, or print any of our files.
Possible reasons why you are being prompted to enter a password:
- Your Mac is using Preview to open and print the file
- You’re opening the file with a PDF viewer that isn’t Adobe Acrobat
- You’re opening the file in a different application, like Photoshop
- If you are using Mac, you can try making Adobe Acrobat Reader your default program for viewing PDFs, then open the file with Adobe Acrobat to print it.
- You could also try using a different web browser to download the file.
Issue: Black boxes appearing behind the images
Occasionally, black boxes may appear around images when printing from an Apple product (such as a phone or Mac) or when printing from a web-based PDF reader.
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and print the document. It’s free!
- If you’re still having trouble, try printing the file as an image by selecting “print as image” in Adobe’s print settings.
Issue: Low quality print
We make sure to only put high-quality images on the files and export the pdf uncompressed to retain the original quality of the documents. Kindly try the following if you are still having this issue.
- Check the ink cartridges: Make sure that your ink cartridges have enough ink and are not running low. If they are low, replace them with new cartridges.
- Adjust printer settings: Try adjusting the printer settings to print in higher quality. This may take longer to print, but it will produce a better-quality printout.
- Clean printer heads: If your printer heads are dirty, it can result in low-quality prints. Clean the printer heads to ensure that the ink is distributed evenly on the paper.
- Use high-quality paper: As mentioned earlier, using high-quality paper can improve print quality.
Issue: Double sided printing doesn’t come out right
Printing double-sided documents can be tricky, but there are a few things you can try to ensure that your documents are printed correctly.
- Use a printer that supports automatic duplex printing: This will make the process much simpler, as the printer will automatically print on both sides of the paper.
- Print odd and even pages separately: If your printer doesn’t support automatic duplex printing, you can try printing the odd pages first, then flipping the paper over and printing the even pages on the other side.
- Experiment with different settings: Depending on your printer and the software you’re using to print, there may be different settings you can adjust to ensure that your double-sided documents are printed correctly. For example, you may need to adjust margins or page orientation.
- Do a test print: Before printing out a large number of double-sided documents, it’s always a good idea to do a test print to ensure that everything is lined up correctly.
If you still need help, you can reach out via our contact page.