This Montessori lesson focuses on introducing children to basic concepts in biology through simple storybooks. Children will learn about living and non-living matter, plants and animals, vertebrates and invertebrates, and the five classes of vertebrates.
Simple story books that focus on two different but related biological classifications:
- The Story of the Living and Non-living Matter
- The Story of Plants and Animals
- The Story of Vertebrates and Invertebrate Animals
- The Story of the Five Classes of Vertebrates
Note: Add more equally essential or basic topics as needed.
Get the FREE script for each story here.
- Invite one person or a small group to pick and read a book.
- Have a short talk about the book.
- Invite the children to read together.
After each story, you can do the sorting games:
- Living and Non-living
- Plants and Animals
- Vertebrates and Invertebrates
- Classes of Vertebrates